Leica M10-P “Ghost Edition” For HODINKEE
The Leica M10-P “Ghost Edition” for HODINKEE is the result of our decades-long fascination with how timeless objects age and evolve with time. Inspired by a watch with a faded “ghost” dial and bezel that HODINKEE founder and CEO, Ben Clymer, purchased at the beginning of his career, the M10-P “Ghost Edition” for HODINKEE looks unlike any other Leica to date.
For our first collaboration with the world-famous German company, we selected the Leica M10-P, a camera that has been hot in demand since it was unveiled last year, as our starting point. We capped the traditional magnesium alloy chassis of the M with a rich brass top plate and bottom cover and then painted it the old-fashioned way in a warm grey finish. Finally, we wrapped the center section in a cement-colored leather, accented by white and grey colored engravings. The longstanding red alignment dot on the matching grey 35mm Summilux-M lens is now white, and the lens comes with a beautiful matching hood. As a final touch, the camera comes paired with a grey nylon Leica rope strap.
It takes 15 combined hours to create and assemble the 1,000 components of a single M camera, including ensuring that the mechanical shutter actuates quickly and quietly. The shutter sound of the M10-P is actually the quietest of any M camera in Leica’s century-plus history, digital or analog. In keeping with the theme of discretion, each camera is individually numbered on the hot shoe and labeled “Ghost Edition For HODINKEE” underneath the battery compartment cover.
The legendary Leica lenses, which are fully mechanical and completely void of any electronics, can be used on any M camera from the earliest years up until today. The grinding, polishing, and hand-finished blackening of the optical glass is done by combining cutting-edge innovations in manufacturing with old-world handcrafted expertise – each lens requires an average of 20 hours of work.
As an evolution of the Leica M10 camera, the M10-P offers all the technical advantages of the acclaimed Leica M rangefinder system, but includes a redesigned touch-screen LCD, enabling you to check the focus in live-view and playback modes quicker than ever before. It also offers convenient touchscreen controls like swiping and pinch-to-zoom. The camera has a built-in level gauge, helping you capture a perfectly framed and uniform shot. The M10-P has a 24 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, an ISO range of 100 to 50,000, and connectivity to digital devices via Leica’s FOTOS app. All other features, functions, construction materials, and finishing of the Leica M10-P correspond to the same high standards as those of its older sibling, the Leica M10.
Only 250 sets of the Leica M10-P “Ghost Edition” for HODINKEE will be made. They will be available in select Leica stores and Leica boutiques around the world, as well as in the HODINKEE Shop. The price for the full set is $14,995, with a complete two-year warranty. On top of that, we will add an extra year’s warranty on us to anyone purchasing through the HODINKEE Shop.
- Limited edition of 250 pieces
- Made in Germany
- Camera name: M10-P “Ghost Edition” for HODINKEE
- Camera type: Digital camera with rangefinder system
- Warranty: Three total years
- Lens: 35mm Summilux-M
- Lens mount: Leica M bayonet
- Compatible lenses: Leica M lenses, Leica R lenses via an optional adapter
- Sensor: CMOS chip, active surface approx. 24 x 36 mm
- Storage media: SD cards up to 2GB, SDHC cards up to 32GB, SDXC cards up to 2TB
- Viewfinder: Large, bright-line frame rangefinder and automatic parallax compensation
- LCD panel: 3″ TFT LCD, 1.04mp, touch control available
- Power supply: (Leica BP-SCL5): 1 lithium-ion rechargeable battery, rated voltage 7.4V; capacity 1100mAh, max. charging voltage/current: DC 1000mA, 7.4 V; operating conditions (in the camera): +0 to +40°C
- Charger: Inputs: 100-240V AC, 50/60 Hz, 300mA with automatic switch-over or 12V DC, 1.3A, output: DC, rated voltage 7.4V, 1000mA/ max. 8.25V, 1100mA, operating conditions: +10 to +35°C
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 139mm x 38.5mm x 80mm
- Weight: approx. 680g (with battery)